Benefits of Laser Therapy
Laser therapy offers a variety of benefits, including:
- Reduces the need for drills and needles
- No vibration
- No high-pitched noise
- No microcracks in tooth enamel
- Promotes conservative treatments
- Improved accuracy
- Less damage to healthy tissue
- Faster recovery
- Reduces need for local anesthesia
- Greatly reduces or eliminates bleeding
One of the best parts about laser dentistry is that it has so many applications. If you would like to enhance your appearance, you might benefit from:
- Gum reshaping. If you have excess gum tissue or an uneven gumline, our laser can gently trim the tissue to reveal the proportionate smile you have always wanted.
- Lip plumping. Wish you had a plumper pout? We can help you by using our laser to stimulate your body’s collagen production process in your lips.
- Skin tightening. Our advanced Fotona Laser can tighten sagging skin and help you achieve a more youthful appearance by producing heat in the skin’s inner layers, improving its elasticity and encouraging your body to produce more collagen.
Our laser can help get your oral health back on track through treatments such as:
- Canker and cold sore treatment. The laser cauterizes and removes sores, and it kills the virus that causes them.
- Repairing tooth decay. Instead of using a noisy, uncomfortable drill to remove decayed tissue from inside a tooth, we can use our laser instead.
- Treating gum disease. Laser dentistry is effective for periodontal therapy because it gets rid of bacteria in the gum pockets. This eliminates the infection at its source while also encouraging the gums to reattach to the teeth.
- Regenerating damaged nerves. Phototherapy has been shown to promote healing of damaged nerves.
Sleep Apnea Treatment
One of the most common causes of snoring and sleep apnea is excess loose tissue inside the mouth and throat. This can partially or completely block the airway throughout the night, compromising a person’s breathing as well as their quality of rest. But with NightLase treatment using the Fotona Laser, we can quickly firm up this loose oral tissue and dramatically increase the size of the airway in a single appointment. Most patients experience immediate results and see a reduction in snoring and sleep apnea symptoms of 50% or more. And, unlike other treatments, these results are usually permanent, and the recovery time is so minimal that it practically doesn’t exist.